Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Man Behind the Nerd

I've always been a big fan Dilbert. I find it hilarious, especially now that I have/do work in a cubicle, pretend to do work, and feel the looming dread of any sort of superior passing by my opening. I call it an opening because a door would imply that I had the option of closing it if I wanted privacy. Not that it matters, as most of my bosses can see over the walls anyway. But save the cubicle rant for another day! Huzzah!

As I've said, I've always enjoyed Dilbert, but I've never expressed any interest in the man behind it. Maybe it's because I was raised on Calvin and Hobbes and Bill Watterson is as much of a recluse as you can get--I just assumed all other comics were likewise.

That's when I discovered Scott Adams' Blog. I suddenly have even more of an appreciation for the strip because now I feel I know the man behind it a bit more. And better yet, I fully appreciate his kind of humour. It makes me want to go out and read the books that he's written, not only his comic strips.

This is also the first time I've ever posted twice in one day. INSANE! If only I had more readers.

2 comments:

Yumi Sakugawa said...

I'm here as your faithful reader! A slacker NUS student and a slacker temp worker. We are meant to be blog bosom buddies for life.

Simon said...

yee-uh.

We blog at work because we slack all day, slack off me hearties, yo ho. Some stolen donuts and complimentary coffee, freeload me hearties, freeload!

Yo ho yo ho a temp worker's life for me.