Monday, August 14, 2006

Be Yourself, Just Not All of Yourself

The saddest part of this article is not the idea behind the article (because anything Will Smith does is automatically mainstream and cool) but rather the idea that the reporter actually went on-site and followed these guys around, documenting their triumphs or, in this case, failures. Poor bastards.

All this fuss over the foiled terrorist plot in the UK has made me realize that the system we have in place for our "threat levels" is fundamentally flawed: we only ever raise them after an attack has occurred. Whether I agree with the whole ordeal is another matter altogether, but nevertheless, the indicators are only ever indicating that "a terrorist threat is imminent" (red! Get out the crayola box!) when a terrorist threat has just been attempted.

I'm getting a Wii. That and maybe a new bike. And a laundry rack. I've never bought a console system before, but I'd gladly make an exception for this one.

No comments: