Friday, July 28, 2006

Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO!

In case you've been living under a rock (because everything on here is just SUPER trendy) for the last few days, you might not know this very, very important event that will happen on about March 30, 2007:

Welcome, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV... aka TMNT.

It'll be darker than the other movies, and done completely in CGI, which is a huge relief for me, because, for some reason, I didn't initially take to the idea of people running around in turtle suits for the other movies. It just didn't seem right, growing up with the cartoon and all. Like I said, it'll be darker, like the comics (I claim one less nerd point: I never read them) and the humour will come from verbal play between the characters and not gags like in the other movies.

I have a severe distaste for gag comedy that goes over the top.

Although there won't be any traveling through time like all 4th TMNT things should be, I'm still geekin' out over it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's exciting!

I always loved Ninja Turtles. Ninja Turtles is one of those cultural institutions that should be periodically revived FOREVER.

kimhouy said...

Well, there's no traveling through time in this 4th installment because they already did it for the 3rd, DUH.
... uh, I mean, I know nothing! Yarg!

Anonymous said...

When the turtles went back in time, Raphael made friends with a little boy named Yoshi. I always thought that Yoshi was a dinosaur and not a little boy like me so it blew my mind!

Hoai